Eligibility - PESCI
A PESCI is mandatory if you are an IMG seeking registration in Australia to practice in any of the following roles:
- general practice
- all non-specialist positions in private hospital facilities
- senior medical officers
- medical officers (with or without right of private practice)
- medical superintendents (with or without right of private practice), and
- all non-specialist positions of high risk.
If you wish to request an exemption for sitting a PESCI, you must lodge your request with AHPRA. We are not able to grant exemptions under any circumstance.
What you will need to provide
To apply for a PESCI, you must provide declarations of the following:
- a medical qualification as listed on International Medical Education Directory (IMED)
- a current job offer for a position in an Area of Need and District of Workforce Shortage or after hours practice or facility, and
- completed the Australian Medical Council (AMC) Multi Choice Questionnaire (MQC) or be eligible to apply for provisional registration through the Competent Authority Pathway.