Timing and costs
The table below has everything you need to know, from the name of the course element, the time required and the costs involved.
|Course element ||Time required |
|Clinical Training ||
18 months full time or part time equivalent training, including:
- 12 months emergency medicine at a senior level
- 3 months anaesthesia, and
- 3 months critical care (ICU/CCU).
|Educational Activities ||
Attendance at emergency department educational activities and study group attendance.
|Emergency Medicine Courses ||
Successful completion of three prescribed emergency medicine courses:
- Early Management of Severe Trauma (EMST)
- Emergency Life Support (ELS), and
- Advanced Paediatric Life Support (APLS).
Formative assessment comprising approx:
- Supervisor reports at mid-point of emergency medicine training and anaesthetics and critical care (ICU/CCU) training
Summative assessment comprising approx:
- Supervisor report at completion (12 months) of emergency medicine training and completion of anaesthetics and critical care training
- procedural skills logbook, and
- Structured Assessment using Multiple Patient Scenarios (StAMPS), a modified viva voce examination for which you may complete a practice scenario.