Each triennium we report on your behalf to the Department of Human Services (formerly Medicare Australia) for your:
- recognition as a General Practitioner with Medicare Australia, regardless of how your VR was obtained (eg. grandfathered, FACRRM or FRACGP)
- Other Medical Practitioners (OMPS) maintenance, and
- Professional Development Program (PDP) requirements met for compliance with Medicare.
We also report Maintenance of Professional Standards (MOPS) for:
- Medical Acupuncture: The Joint Consultative Committee on Medical Acupuncture (JCCMA)
- Anaesthetics: Joint Consultative Committee on Anaesthesia (JCCA)
- Obstetrics: RANZCOG, Conjoint Committee for the Diploma of Obstetrics & Gynaecology (CCDOG)
- Mental Health: The General Practice Mental Health Standards Collaboration (GPMHSC), and
- Radiology: Medicare.
Points can be collected for record keeping purposes if formal reporting is not required. It is important that you familiarise yourself with the PDP policies including PDP Remediation and Retraining Program