Do you want to help create future rural doctors?
Become a mentor on the John Flynn Placement Program (JFPP). Your knowledge and experience in rural and remote medicine, coupled with your commitment to patient care and your community, are our profession’s most valuable assets. We want you to share those assets by becoming a mentor in the John Flynn Placement Program.
As a mentor you can:
- influence the career path of an aspiring doctor
- showcase your practice and community
- earn QI&CPD and ACRRM PDP points for mentoring medical students
- receive a $300 (+GST) honorarium per placement week, and
- no formal training, assessments or reporting required..
Medical students will observe you in your practice and start to appreciate the personal and professional benefits of living and practising in rural and remote Australia. But don't take our word for it, watch the videos below and listen to what some mentors and students have to say about the JFPP, or feel free to fill out the mentor application form.
Mentor invoice located here.
To be eligible to become a John Flynn mentor:
- You are currently a Fellow or Registrar
- Your practice location is classified RA2, 3, 4, or 5
JFPP mentors: on mentoring and students video 1
JFPP mentors: on mentoring and students video 2