GEM StAMPS Practice Scenario
In this section, we provide you a step-by-step guide for completing a single practice GEM StAMPS scenario before you undertake your official examinations. We suggest that you focus on the process, not the content, because the example simply provides a general idea of what’s involved.
- Familiarise yourself with the StAMPS information in the GEM guide
- Familiarise yourself with the geographic and demographic setting of this practice examination as detailed in the StAMPS GEM Practice Scenario (2013) Community Profile. Please note: this information may vary from exam to exam
- Familiarise yourself with the StAMPS GEM Practice Scenario: Marking Sheet
- Consider the StAMPS GEM Practice Scenario Candidate Printed Information Sheet
- Audio or video record yourself answering four questions about this case being very careful to stick to the allocated time frame. Don't open the linked attachment until you are ready to record your answers to ensure you experience the time pressure similar to what you will experience in the actual exam
- Review your recording and score yourself using the StAMPS GEM Practice Scenario: Marking Sheet
- Consider your score of this candidate using the StAMPS GEM Practice Scenario: Marking Sheet
- Compare your answers and score with the recorded answer and score
- What are the main differences between your two marking efforts?
Reconsider how you would now answer this question, then
- If possible, discuss your thoughts with others within your learning environment.
If you require further training material on the StAMPS assessment modality, additional practice scenarios for the Primary Curriculum StAMPS and AST EM StAMPS available here.